12 Good Proposal Essay Topics For College Students
If you are in college, you will have to write a proposal essay. This is something that you cannot run away from, and try as much as you can there is just no way you can ever escape this. Of course perhaps you can find someone to write it for you, but in the long run it always works best if you at least know what to expect, or what to do when you are tasked with writing a good college paper. The first thing that you have to do when you are about to start working on your paper is to write up a proposal. Once your proposal gets accepted, you can then go ahead and write the full paper. This is an important step that you will never surpass at any given point in college.
Ewritingservice.com collected some useful proposal essay topics that you can consider working on:
- Should we allow kids to have phones in elementary school?
- The issue about uniforms: is it okay to make uniforms mandatory or should we leave school children to put on whatever they want as long as it is decent
- To take care of the elderly, should we allow them free commuter rides?
- State colleges should be free to attend: Discuss
- Service to the community should be mandatory for all citizens
- The importance of learning international languages as a curriculum
- Medicinal marijuana: how far should the legislation allow for usage?
- Is it time to lower the legal voting age?
- Road safety campaigns: How safe are you on the road?
- The influence of notebook computers on the learning environment
- Encouraging female participation in male dominated sports
- Impact of video games on the development of young brains
Significance of the structure and subject will never be distinctive enough on account of the proposal that you are about to do. This is definitive proof of the way that a proposal topic is one of the most important things that you need to pay attention to. It is equally important for you to have a rough estimation of how much work you are about to do, so that before anything else, you are able to know how much time you will be spending on the task. Remember that the most important thing about any paper, is planning.
The purpose of the proposal essay is to propose an idea and provide evidence or arguments to convince readers why that idea is good or bad. Consider yourself as a salesperson; your goal is to convince the customer why to buy a car, jewelry, or some product. In this case, the product is your idea and customer is the professor. If you have never worked on a proposal essay before, you might feel insecure thinking there’s no way to pull it off. Not so fast! With a few ideas and simple strategy tips, you can complete this assignment successfully. Also, you can find college essay ideas on our site!So, let’s start!
Your proposal essay should contain
In order to create a high-quality proposal essay every time, you just have to follow the simple outline that revolves around:
- Introduction – provides background information, important details the reader should know before you move on to the other parts. The introduction has to catch the reader’s attention, make him/her want to read the paper. Let’s not forget the last sentence of the introduction accounts for a thesis statement
- Proposal – a statement of purpose. Generally, this is a brief section that informs the reader about your actual proposal i.e. the idea you want them to adopt. Make sure this section does not contain details about how you plan to carry the proposal
- Plan of action – here, your job is to explain how you plan to achieve the proposal. What will you do to show your reader why your proposal is valid? Basically, this is the section where you have to convince the reader to agree with your ideas. For every plan of action or evidence, use a separate paragraph
- Conclusion – summarize key points in a conclusion and include call-to-action, if applicable. Make sure you don’t include new information into conclusion because you would have to elaborate it thoroughly, and there’s no room for that in a paragraph-length section
Tips for proposal essay
- Carry out a thorough research in order to find as many details as possible
- Support all your claims i.e. ideas with evidence
- Use only relevant sources, avoid blog posts and websites that aren’t credible
- Cite all the sources you use to avoid plagiarism
- Demonstrate your vocabulary skills and avoid overusing some words
- Avoid slang and informal speech
- Instead of including a bunch of ideas that are poorly discussed, stick to 3-5 ideas that you will develop thoroughly
But, what happens when a professor allows you to choose the title for proposal essay? What to do then?
Not to worry, you’ll find some amazing ideas below.
Proposal essay ideas
- Bread and circus culture versus traditional family values
- Can antidepressant use enhance suicidal behaviors? Should it be limited or banned?
- Different things parents can do to ensure their child treats others with respect
- Does espionage law violate free speech? Should it be banned or improved?
- How can be kids persuaded not to experiment with drugs?
- How can educational television shows about science receive more funding and air time?
- How can kids with divorced parents be counseled to do well in school, build successful lives and marriages and have strong relationships?
- How can parents and teachers effectively help eliminate cyber-bullying?
- How can parents encourage their children to do more extracurricular activities?
- How can parents help children avoid or deal with bullying in school?
- How can parents make sure their children adopt healthy life values?
- How can parents protect their children from peer pressure?
- How can parents raise their children to have a sense of humility as opposed to entitlement?
- How can parents, teachers, and society at large encourage more children to pursue an education in science?
- How can people reduce their dependence on technology?
- How can teachers improve sex education courses?
- How can teachers spot signs of bullying in their classes
- How can the country ensure adequate healthcare coverage for all its citizens without the exceptions?
- How can the government better handle illegal immigration?
- How can the government make programs such as welfare, Medicaid, and Social Security more effective?
- How can the government or society as a whole reduce homelessness in the United States?
- How can the government reduce the rates of discriminatory behavior toward ethnic minorities?
- How can we promote more tolerant behavior within US society?
- How should children be taught about responsible Internet use?
- How should students be graded?
- How to protect yourself and your identity from online theft
- How to reduce the rates of smoking among adolescents?
- How to support local businesses and prevent them from being destroyed by huge chains
- In what ways can companies and consumers keep sensitive information more secure online?
- In what ways can we reduce childhood obesity?
- In what ways can foreign language courses be improved?
- Lack of tolerance leads to erratic, racist, and fascistic behavior. Different measures to put a stop to those actions
- Measures to take in order to provide better conditions for US veterans
- Risky behaviors are celebrated while morality is considered outdated and unacceptable. How to change things around?
- Should all prisoners have voting rights or only individual on probation and those who have already served their sentences?
- Should animal exploitation by dairy and meat industries be banned? Is veganism only way to protect animal rights?
- Should college athletes be paid? How can colleges better handle the combination of education, athletes, and business?
- Should dog bite laws be more specific? For example, should pit bulls be banned, or more attention should be paid to the education of dog owners instead?
- Should people buy so many things using credit? What can be done to handle the culture of debt?
- Should the customer have the right to report mistreatment of companies lying to consumers?
- So many experts, so much bad behavior among children these days. Measures to take in order to turn things around
- The best way to teach children responsibility
- The current student grading system is flawed, but it can be fixed with these methods
- The most successful inventors were known as wrong-thinkers at schools. Later they were acknowledged as risk-taking pioneers. So should a teacher give students the chance of failing and learn by making mistakes?
- The risks of birth defects are significantly higher in test-tube babies. Should couples adopt children instead of having in-vitro fertilization?
- To change the world you have to change yourself. What can you do to help the environment?
- What are the measures to reduce alcohol use among adolescents?
- What are the solutions to the erosion of trust contribution to the decline of the American business sector?
- What can be done about the decline of morality in media?
- What can be done for obsolete lifestyles?
- What can be done to create a more well-rounded curriculum for middle and high school students?
- What can be done to improve student’s reading comprehension instead calling words aloud without understanding them?
- What can be done to prevent other countries and parties from interfering in the US elections?
- What can be done to solve the giant problem of unemployment?
- What can the average person do to combat global climate change? What can the government do?
- What can we do to reduce the risk of teen pregnancies?
- What could be done to make the electoral system more effective?
- What improvements have to be made regarding sex education courses to decrease the rate of teen pregnancies?
- What initiatives should be implemented to project small businesses from economic problems?
- What is the best way to impose and improve parental involvement in children’s education?
- What is the best way to prevent deaths from drunk driving?
- What is the most effective way for parents to teach their children about money?
- What is the most effective way to discipline a child?
- What measures to introduce in order to avoid the next economic crisis?
- What should be done to increase the funding for cancer research?
- What should be done to lower the national debt?
- What steps should be taken from restraining qualified teachers from leaving teaching profession?
- What teachers can do to establish a balance between engaging students and letting them overtake their authority and influence among students
- What would be an effective program to curb illegal drug use?
- While vegans require others to respect their choices, why can’t they respect someone else’s? The strategies to help solve this issue
- Why are foreign languages in school important for our education?
When writing the proposal essay, your goal is to propose a few ideas regarding a certain topic, elaborate them and convince readers to accept them. Picture yourself as a salesperson who has to convince the customer to make a purchase. Use title ideas above to practice. Also, you can read about connecting ideas in an essay! And never forget to use essay checker!