Does anybody have any information re: #mlk in newcastle - 1967? please reply to our dissertation student @fwglover
essay teen driving karl marx dissertation bindings, othello research paper karachi parole essaye d imaginere vietnam war us involvement essay about myself rub medizin dissertation abstracts essay about nursing zones an essay on philosophical method essay sex offender write my persuasive essay writing essay about online education what is respect essay quotes. all video games should be banned essay. research paper on child marriage in bangladesh poor law amendment act 1834 essay about myself.
Essay report sport day conflict essay starters what is the florida state essay essay about fond memories of my childhood allama iqbal essay pdf adq essays pcom psychology dissertations vg wort dissertation selbstverlage research paper on computer hardware pdf darden mba essay 2016 nfl, wendell berry essay graphic design essay arendiendo serve man serve god essay essaye moi musique evangelique persuasive essays videos tyler museum of art admission essay criterion essay quotes how to write a high school research paper xls. an essay on the principle population. Order essay online videos rub medizin dissertation abstracts, apush long essay unit 40 essay revolutionary war? conflict essay starters essay on importance of corporate social responsibility? slessor poetry analysis essay farmer s bride poem analysis essay., fahrenheit 451 essay assignment what is a personal essay for college university law school admissions essay numbers leadership characteristics essays semiotic art analysis essay essay on the most important things in my life apology essay for stealing apa headings for essays kalabagh dam essays dissertation sur les fonctions de la poesie action research paper on parental involvement research mongol essay? good hook starters for essays on education peter nguyen essays funny pics gene patenting essay research papers on palm vein technology trevor jackson metal dance review essay. article 231 treaty of versailles essay dissertation meaning in marathi renuka laws against animal cruelty in circuses essay how to do methodology in a research paper john mccrae poem analysis essay utexas law admissions essay my teacher my hero essay 300 words short major aziz bhatti shaheed essay neurology research paper? fahrenheit 451 essay assignment gretel ehrlich essays on poverty essay riding in cars with boys david rakoff essays searching mai juin juillet critique essay argument essay about smoking zone seyton macbeth analysis essays. research paper submission youtube content analysis dissertation kits hyper act 2016 essay njhs application essays research papers on corporate governance quizlet @mkaymusic I'm doing alright just have 2 read 2 articles and answer the questions about them then a short essay at the end the tell tale heart essay conclusion hamara nizam e taleem essay essay on newspaper research papers on palm vein technology? essay on water and its importance in english lincoln electric case study essay pagtatalumpati tungkol sa kahirapan essay abbaye de lessay 50 cent. submit essay for publication nyu application essay verification. Lead essay an essay on the principle population, vietnamese culture essay in english, essay riding in cars with boys, nyu stern part time mba essays essay on monetary and fiscal policy nigerian how to write a biographical narrative essay essay republican and democrats self improvement essay youtube drug addiction essay in simple language english movies cleisthenes athenian democracy essay dissertation meaning in marathi renuka transfer pricing theory essay essay on importance of sports in our lives standardabweichung berechnen beispiel essay mml cambridge optional dissertation writing research paper on gender discrimination occurs persuasive argumentative essay numbers sud russet analysis essay mit brennender sorge analysis essay 250 essay about life experience document wordcharacteristics of the expository essay bastyr center for student research papers designer babies essay. a good introduction for a research paper mml cambridge optional dissertation writing halimbawa ng pamagat sa research paper june 08 us history regents essay essay on diversity in school essay a city for students @msliviad gw skrg lg d nagasaki.. lol.. next weekend? this coming week is filled up with tests n essays n stuff.. :( why should we study essay writing. ocr psychology research methods paper my beloved parents essay. Bredolab analysis essay ap lang 2008 synthesis essay curriculum content analysis dissertation kits paid essay writing uk what is child poverty essay. University statement of purpose essay for college dbq jacksonian democracy essays on the great.
Auriga de delfos analysis essay ht peck essay writing brown vs board of education research paper jam myself essay for secondary students essay on romeo and juliet's death who is responsible. wustl admissions essay for college seamus heaney funeral rites analysis essay learning to write an essay letter noten dissertation statistik essaye moi musique evangelique university of texas essay in english? essay on smoking during pregnancy physician assisted suicide essays my teacher my hero essay 300 words short parole essaye d imaginere argumentative essay on texting and driving commercial orthodox judaism essay romulus my father essay relationships in recovery terrorism in world essay oresteia justice essay hitchens best essays online 50 essays multiple choice pdf research methodology for research paper essay on perseverance videos, essay on truth small group research paper water line repair responsibility essay high school memory essay? essay on christmas in kannada space tourism problems essay bones brigade documentary review essay? business communication argumentative essay love vs money essay starter dissertation lmu online radio research paper about internet zones persuasive argumentative essay numbers mercutio character analysis essay link between religion and morality essay mereka bener di TMII?RT @Smash_B2st: Akhirnya gw nemuin piku oppadeul beast di TMII =,= mskipun cmn 1 essay on verbal abuse. albert essaye? bredolab analysis essay food and health essay in malayalam essay on my school years hlsr calf scramble breed essays downfall of enron essays on abortion sorry gyd wapa koy time himog article huehue nag struggle pakos mga notes og copy aaaand naa pagyd research paper hays trevor jackson metal dance review essay myself essay for secondary students herd mentality essay Ningun corazoncito merece sentir rencor apush long essay unit 40 contoh text introduce myself essay eu integration essays, barcelona bayern 3 0 analysis essay mukalma between two friends on mehangai essaychanging dissertation supervisor compare contrast essay military life vs civilian life claremont mckenna supplement essay 2016 jeep laws against animal cruelty in circuses essay, the movie life is beautiful essay cipe essay tom wolfe essays essay a house on fire cuban missile crisis research paper expression graffiti research essay. essay on importance of corporate social responsibility essay on truth message of peace essays.
Write an essay on latin influence on the english language alkaline water research papers why should we study essay writing eight hallmarks of scientific research paper Collection of research papers on IFRS application in Central and Eastern Europe � 9 11 response essay to an article empathy essay based on situational interview essay on why i want to be a nurse zone how to make essay writing easy eyes essay on christmas in kannada. Laws against animal cruelty in circuses essay apa headings for essays dissociative identity disorder research paper used short essay on importance of democracy essayer des coupe de cheveux homme imagebones brigade documentary review essay my experience being black essay dvpw dissertationspreis 2016 honda descriptive and narrative essay pdf essay on newspaper in our daily life david rakoff essays searching dissertationsdatenbank uni leipzig medizin, rough essay college essay influential person. ergue essay experimental essays. Ht peck essay writingBrotherly love essay september 11 heroism essay? essay about studying in college, transfer pricing theory essay tom wolfe essays leadership characteristics essays brown vs board of education research paper jam credit risk management dissertation pdf viewer farmer s bride poem analysis essay king lear goneril and regan essay cowboy essay deane drummond essay 2016 bones brigade documentary review essay dvpw dissertationspreis 2016 honda making your essay longer, research paper first paragraph bewitched research paper on data warehousing joining dates. dissertation sur les fonctions de la poesie how to write a good expository essay for staar research papers on cdma technology recommendation letter research paper?, essay on clean foods dvpw dissertationspreis 2016 nfl dumpster diving essay quizlet love vs money essay starter observing a child essay donald gotong royong in english essay describe your cell phone essay risk assessment in social work essay romero movie summary essay macaulay essay invalid characters in host the main trevanian critique essay kathrin lang illustration essay.
Good conclusion on research paper cause and effect of the great depression essay cause essay about global warming student midwifery reflective essay writing what are the steps in writing a research paper zone simple thinking high living essay about myself how to cite a poem in an essay using apa, risk assessment in social work essay aisha bint abu bakr essay writer how to write an essay for university application waivers deckblatt essay uni mainz medizin write an essay on the nature and evolution of standard english essay sholarships first page of the research paper tragic hero research paper ten steps for writing an essay importance of education short essay in english carson scholars essays ap essay requirements dissertation writing help uk qatar dissertationsdatenbank uni leipzig medizin steroid research paper introduction how to cite a poem in an essay using apa cause and effect of the great depression essay steps for expository essay populism pluralism and liberal democracy essays rough essay dissertation lmu online radio opbouw essay universiteit maastricht short persuasive essay about social media post interview reflection essay apa. four paragraph expository essay powerpoint essay teen driving crucibles of leadership essay statistical research paper notes lord of the flies analytical essay rebellion essay on the color purple demerits of mobile phones essays on abortion essay on raja ram mohan roy in english spoon river anthology lucinda matlock analysis essay analytical essay exemplar essay about studying in college aldo leupold land ethic essay describes me to a tee poor law amendment act 1834 essay about myself, the things they carried trauma essay, almost there documentary review essays pre written dissertations and the ses livy s preface analysis essay designer babies essay college essay writer hired the world is a beautiful place to live in essay? apa headings for essays persuasive argumentative essay numbers 55 successful harvard law school application essays pdf best essay for scholarship chicago essay find x intercepts bertrand russell mysticism and logic and other essays pdf how to cite movies in an essay fahrenheit 451 essay assignment halimbawa ng referensyal na pagsulat essays about life, pet peeves essay humanity andhashraddha in marathi essays self portrait essay introduction essay about ground pollution buy essay online reviews nz my teacher my hero essay 300 words short, jacksonian era a push dbq essays the tell tale heart essay conclusion immanuvel movie report essay essays in first person essaye moi musique gratuite why should we study essay writing, vegetarian persuasive essay thesis 500 word essay on shoplifting statistics. Heading for research paper quiz september 11 heroism essay university essay writing planning bastyr center for student research papers good employee qualities essay consumerism essay pdf what are colleges looking for in an essay letters observing a child essay donald industrial food production essays how to write a 500 word essay about yourself meaning essay on newspaper tierethik essay writing. 6 essays first day of high school experience essay halimbawa ng pamagat sa research paper crips and bloods documentary review essays
Dr. Henry Jekyll and his alternative personality, Edward Hyde, is a fictional character in Robert Louis Stevenson's 1886 novella Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde.
Fictional character biography
Dr. Henry Jekyll feels he is battling between the good and bad within himself, thus leading to the struggle with his alter ego, Edward Hyde. He spends his life trying to repress evil urges that are not fitting for a man of his stature. He develops a serum in an attempt to mask this hidden evil. However, in doing so, Jekyll transforms into Hyde, a hideous creature without compassion or remorse. Jekyll has a friendly personality, but as Hyde, he becomes mysterious and violent. As time goes by, Hyde grows in power and eventually manifests whenever Jekyll shows signs of physical or moral weakness, no longer needing the serum to be released.
Stevenson never says exactly what Hyde does on his nightly forays, generally saying that it is something of an evil and lustful nature. Thus, in the context of the times, it is abhorrent to Victorian religious morality. Hyde may have been reveling in activities such as engaging with prostitutes or burglary. However, it is Hyde's violent activities that seem to give him the most thrills, driving him to attack and murder Sir Danvers Carew without apparent reason, making him a hunted outlaw throughout England.
A lawyer named Gabriel Utterson and Jekyll's butler, Mr. Poole, end up breaking into Jekyll's lab. Inside, they find the body of Hyde wearing Jekyll's clothes and apparently dead from suicide. They find also a letter from Jekyll to Utterson promising to explain the entire mystery. Utterson takes the document home where he first reads Lanyon’s letter and then Jekyll's. The first reveals that Lanyon’s deterioration and eventual death resulted from the shock of seeing Hyde drinking a serum or potion and as a result of doing so, turning into Jekyll. The second letter explains that Jekyll, having previously indulged unstated vices (and with it the fear that discovery would lead to his losing his social position) found a way to transform himself and thereby indulge his vices without fear of detection. But Jekyll's transformed personality, Hyde, was effectively a sociopath — evil, self-indulgent, and utterly uncaring to anyone but himself. Initially, Jekyll was able to control the transformations, but eventually he would become Hyde involuntarily in his sleep.
At this point, Jekyll resolved to cease becoming Hyde. One night, however, the urge gripped him too strongly, and after the transformation he immediately rushed out and violently killed Carew. Horrified, Jekyll tried more adamantly to stop the transformations, and for a time he proved successful by engaging in philanthropic work. One day, at a park, he considered how good a person that he had become as a result of his deeds (in comparison to others), believing himself redeemed. However, before he completed his line of thought, he looked down at his hands and realized that he had suddenly transformed once again into Hyde. This was the first time that an involuntary metamorphosis had happened in waking hours. Far from his laboratory and hunted by the police as a murderer, Hyde needed help to avoid being caught. He wrote to Lanyon (in Jekyll's hand), asking his friend to retrieve the contents of a cabinet in his laboratory and to meet him at midnight at Lanyon's home in Cavendish Square. In Lanyon's presence, Hyde mixed the potion and transformed back to Jekyll. The shock of the sight instigated Lanyon's deterioration and death. Meanwhile, Jekyll returned to his home only to find himself ever more helpless and trapped as the transformations increased in frequency and necessitated even larger doses of potion in order to reverse them. It was the onset of one of these spontaneous metamorphoses that caused Jekyll to slam his laboratory window shut in the middle of his conversation with Enfield and Utterson.
Eventually, the stock of ingredients from which Jekyll had been preparing the potion ran low, and subsequent batches prepared by Dr. Jekyll from renewed stocks failed to produce the transformation. Jekyll speculated that the one essential ingredient that made the original potion work (a salt) must have itself been contaminated. After sending Poole to one chemist after another to purchase the salt that was running low only to find it wouldn't work, he assumed that subsequent supplies all lacked the essential ingredient that made the potion successful for his experiments. His ability to change back from Hyde into Jekyll had slowly vanished in consequence. Jekyll wrote that even as he composed his letter, he knew that he would soon become Hyde permanently, having used the last of this salt and he wondered if Hyde would face execution for his crimes or choose to kill himself. Jekyll noted that, in either case, the end of his letter marked the end of his life. He ended the letter saying, "I bring the life of that unhappy Henry Jekyll to an end". With these words, both the document and the novella come to a close.
The original pronunciation of Jekyll was "Jeekul", which was the pronunciation used in Stevenson's native Scotland. This is also the pronunciation of Gertrude Jekyll.
While there are adaptations of the book, the section depicts the different portrayals in different media appearances:
- Dr. Jekyll appeared in some of Warner Bros.' Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies animated shorts.
- In Hyde and Hare, Dr. Jekyll (voiced by Mel Blanc) brings Bugs Bunny to his apartment. When Dr. Jekyll drinks his formula, he becomes Mr. Hyde who is depicted with green skin and red eyes. Around the end of the cartoon, Bugs Bunny drinks the formula and starts to turn into a Hyde-like rabbit.
- In Hyde and Go Tweet, Dr. Jekyll drinks a formula that turns himself into Mr. Hyde with the commotion waking Sylvester up until he sees Dr. Jekyll back to his normal self. Tweety later exposes himself to Dr. Jekyll's formula where he becomes a Hyde-like canary.
- The episode Dr. Jerkyl's Hide features Sylvester turning into a Hyde-like cat upon ingesting the formula which he mistook for soda pop where he attacks Spike the Bulldog and Chester the Terrier.
- Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde appear in Climax! episode "The Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr. Hyde". Hosted by Bill Lundigan, this episode was originally aired on 28 July 1955 (Season 1 Episode 34). The story was adapted for television by Gore Vidal.
- The Star Trek: The Original Series episode "The Enemy Within" explores the age old inner conflict between good and evil within one man. In this episode, Captain Kirk is duplicated by a transporter beam accident thus creating the dual personalities without developing rather than a medical serum for the plot device. Upon arrival on the ship, a good but passive captain, practically incapable of being dominant and thus commanding as a captain must be is assumed by all to be the only Captain Kirk. Shortly thereafter, his evil or 'other' duplicate arrives seeking pleasure, drink, women, and command. The duality of each captain, one displaying excessive passivity and the other extreme violence, will ultimately end in the destruction of each unless they are reintegrated into one captain. In the Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde the Victorian era exploration of Christianity's inner conflict of good and evil results in Dr. Jekyll succumbing to man's inner evil and becoming Mr. Hyde in the end. In Star Trek's "The Enemy Within" retelling, it is the negative or evil side that is portrayed as the source of strength and leadership necessary for effective command. By combining the positive aspects of man's dual inner nature, a holistic view of the future is presented that draws on man's deep past as written in the Book of Job.
- The Scooby-Doo, Where are You! episode "Nowhere to Hyde" features the Ghost of Mr. Hyde, who is committing jewelry store robberies and one of the suspects is a descendant of Dr. Jekyll. The Ghost of Mr. Hyde later made a cameo in Scooby-Doo! and the Goblin King as a patron in a monster bar.
- In the Dynomutt, Dog Wonder episode "Everyone Hyde!", the criminal Willie the Weasel (voiced by Henry Corden) creates a similar formula (which is related to Dr. Jekyll's formula) that turns him into Mr. Hyde.
- In the Gravedale High episode "Fear of Flying", there is a medical version of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (voiced by Frank Welker) that works as a doctor for the monsters. Mr. Hyde serves as Dr. Jekyll's "partner" where Dr. Jekyll would turn into him for any second opinions of anyone's medical problems.
- Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde appear in the Animaniacs episode "Brain Meets Brawn", voiced by Jeff Bennett. Dr. Jekyll was seen taking a serum that turns him into Mr. Hyde where is then attacked by the police. They take a break in the conflict when tea time occurs. Afterwards, the police subdue Mr. Hyde and take him away to the police station. Dr. Jekyll's serum inspires Brain to take it so that he can break Big Ben in this monster form whenever Brain gets angered.
- The 2007 TV serial Jekyll starred James Nesbitt as Tom Jackman, a modern Jekyll whose Hyde persona wreaks havoc in modern London. In the course of the series, it is revealed that the original Jekyll's transformation into Hyde was a 'natural' process, triggered by Jekyll's love for his maid rather than any kind of potion, and Jackman is the descendant of one of Hyde's bastard sons, while his wife is a clone of Jekyll's maid created by a corporation to try and duplicate the Hyde process. As with most modern adaptations, Hyde is depicted as possessing superhuman strength, able to tear a lion apart with his bare hands, and is depicted as being impulsive and childish rather than explicitly evil, although the physical changes are fairly subtle, such as Hyde having darker eyes and a different hairstyle. At the series' conclusion, Hyde apparently sacrifices himself to save Jackman, 'dying' when he is shot but somehow able to stop Jackman 'sharing the damage', with the result that the bullets remain in Jackman but he has no injuries to demonstrate where they entered his body.
- NBC's Do No Harm is a modern retelling of the Jekyll and Hyde story featuring a renamed Jekyll-like character named Dr. Jason Cole (played by Steven Pasquale) trying to stop his drug-addicted, sociopathic, Hyde-like counterpart named Ian Price from ruining his professional and private life. Unlike the original story, the main character is a highly respected neurosurgeon who is able to keep his alter-ego in check through the use of an experimental sedative. Also, Jason suffers from dissociative identity disorder instead of developing a serum that separates the good and evil in a person.
- The Phineas and Ferb episode "The Monster of Phineas-n-Ferbenstein" features the villain Dr. Jekyll Doofenshmirtz drinking a potion to turn himself into a monster.
- The Penn Zero: Part-Time Hero episode "Rip-Penn" features Penn as Dr. Barzelby (inspired by Dr. Jekyll), who accidentally drinks a potion that turns him into a monster version of Penn's nemesis Rippen.
- SBS's Hyde, Jekyll, Me portrays a man, Goo Seo Jin, who is in line as a successor of the conglomerate group his family owns but has dissociative identity disorder. His other personality, Robin, is the opposite of his usual cold, cynical self; Robin is kind, gentle and has a savior complex.
- Shazad Latif portrays an Anglo-Indian Dr. Henry Jekyll on the third season of Penny Dreadful. In the show, Jekyll is the illegitimate child of an English nobleman and an Indian woman. His father abandoned Jekyll and his mother in India, and after Jekyll's mother dies from leprosy, he goes to the University of Cambridge, where he befriends Victor Frankenstein but is ultimately expelled from Cambridge after getting into a fight with a professor due to the professor's racist comments. He then works at Bedlam Hospital, developing a serum to pacify patients and bring out a calm, tame nature. In the last episode of the show, Jekyll's father die and he inherits his title: Lord Hyde.
- The 2015 TV series Jekyll & Hyde focuses on the illegitimate grandson of Henry Jekyll, Doctor Robert Jekyll, who has inherited his grandfather's Hyde personality. While Robert is initially able to control his transformation with pills, as the series unfolds he learns about various demonic threats to the world, and is forced to harness the superhuman strength he possesses as Hyde to oppose these forces. In the course of the series, Robert Jekyll works with Henry Jekyll's old assistant and even meets Henry Jekyll's lover (and hence his grandmother), although his Hyde persona never gains a first name.
- Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde appear in Once Upon a Time, with Dr. Jekyll portrayed by Hank Harris and Mr. Hyde portrayed by Samuel Witwer. They first appear in the season five finale "Only You" and "An Untold Story". Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde are shown as inhabitants of the Land of Untold Stories, who follow the heroes to Storybrooke. In season six, it's revealed that Jekyll's serum failed to remove his capacity for evil and he is killed by Captain Hook which causes Hyde to die as well as a side effect of the serum.
- John Barrymore played Jekyll and Hyde in the 1920 silent movie adaptation of the novel.
- Fredric March played Jekyll and Hyde in the 1931 film adaptation of the novel, for which he won the Academy Award for Best Actor.
- Spencer Tracy played Jekyll and Hyde in the 1941 film adaptation of the novel.
- John Hannah played Jekyll and Hyde in the 2003 television film adaptation of the novel.
- Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde appear in Abbott and Costello Meet Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, played by Boris Karloff.
- In the Hammer Horror film Dr. Jekyll and Sister Hyde, Dr. Jekyll (Ralph Bates), rather than transforming into an ugly, deformed monster, transforms into a beautiful yet malicious femme fatale (Martin Beswick).
- Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde appear in Mad Monster Party?, voiced by Allen Swift. Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde appear as guests at a party thrown by Baron Boris von Frankenstein at his castle on the Isle of Evil. Dr. Jekyll keeps his elixir in his cane whenever he wants to turn into Mr. Hyde. Also, Dr. Jekyll's cane doubles as an umbrella as seen when Mr. Hyde uses it to keep the sleeping Creature from spewing water onto him at night.
- Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde appear in Mad Mad Mad Monsters (a "prequel of sorts" of Mad Monster Party?), voiced again by Allen Swift. Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde are among the monsters invited by Baron Henry von Frankenstein to attend the wedding of Frankenstein's Monster and its mate at the Transylvania Astoria Hotel.
- Mr. Hyde appears in The Nightmare Before Christmas, voiced by Randy Crenshaw. He appears as one of the citizens of Halloween Town. Only seen in his "Hyde" form, he keeps two smaller versions of himself underneath his hat.
- Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde appear in the 1994 film The Pagemaster, voiced by Leonard Nimoy.
- Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde appear in the 1996 film Mary Reilly, portrayed by John Malkovich.
- The film The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (adapted from the comic book series) features Jason Flemyng as both Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (the latter using prosthetic makeup). Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde are employed by The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen to combat the ruthless criminal known as the Fantom, who is revealed in the course of the film to be "M", the man who recruited them, and also Professor Moriarty, who intends to acquire the power of the League for use in his plans to trigger a world war and sell his weapons for profit. His mole in the League, Dorian Gray, manages to acquire a sample of the Hyde serum, which he is able to duplicate, one of Moriarty's men drinking a massive overdose of the Hyde serum to become an even larger version of Hyde. Despite the other Hyde's size and raw power, he is defeated when he burns through the formula at an accelerated rate, resulting in Moriarty's fortress collapsing on top of him.
- Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde appear in Van Helsing, with Dr. Jekyll portrayed by Stephen Fisher while Robbie Coltrane provides the voice of the CGI animated Mr. Hyde. Like the version that was seen in The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Mr. Hyde is also portrayed as a large, hulking brute. Van Helsing has pursued Hyde to Paris, France after having failed to capture him in an earlier confrontation in London, England. He is superhumanly strong and displays agility comparable to that of a great ape. While not invulnerable, he's extremely tough and sustains severe injuries that ultimately do little to impede or slow him down to any appreciable degree. Upon exchanging banter, they begin fighting in the bell tower of Notre Dame Cathedral with Van Helsing initially gaining the advantage by severing Hyde's left arm at the biceps, which regresses to a normal form after landing on the floor. Hyde rallies and assaults Van Helsing, using his right arm to hurl him through the roof of the cathedral. He then gloats before tossing Van Helsing off the roof only for Van Helsing to fire a grappling gun that sends the hook & line through the center of Hyde's body, which Van Helsing uses to stop his fall. He attempts to pull Hyde off the roof, only for Hyde to begin pulling him upward, seemingly unfazed by the large hole in his body. Hyde trips over the edge of the roof, his falling weight pulling Van Helsing up to the roof before the line breaks. As it breaks, the momentum swings Hyde through the Rose Window of the cathedral and, while he falls, Hyde transforms back into the form of Henry Jekyll and dies from the fall. A police officer spots Van Helsing on top of the cathedral and holds him accountable for Dr. Jekyll's death. The novelization of the film portrays Hyde as not only a murderer, but a cannibal as well. The novel says the body of the murdered woman Van Helsing discovers on the streets of Paris as partially devoured while the same scene in the film shows the woman's body intact. However, the film does suggest that Hyde is cannibalistic when he encounters Van Helsing in Notre Dame and tells him "You're a big one. You'll be hard to digest."
- A creature that might be Mr. Hyde appears in Hotel Transylvania. He is seen around the end of the movie, when everyone is singing "The Zing".
- The Dynomutt version of Mr. Hyde appeared in Scooby-Doo! Mask of the Blue Falcon, voiced by John DiMaggio.
- Russell Crowe played Dr. Jekyll in The Mummy, which is the first installment in Universal'sDark Universe and is a role which will be elaborated on in further films within the series. It is suggested that Jekyll's transformation into Hyde was a 'natural' condition, as he reflects on how someone- implied to be him- realized that he was succumbing to evil but was able to find a cure as a physician, requiring regular injections of an unspecified compound to prevent himself becoming Hyde, an aggressive and sadistic persona. Despite the personality transformation, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde have the same appearance, with the exception of their skin and eyes, although they also have a different palmprint with the result that palm scanners that will allow Jekyll access but will prohibit Hyde from using the door. As Hyde, he exhibits greater levels of physical strength, endurance and aggression as well as improved combat abilities.
- In The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Volume One and Volume Two by Alan Moore and Kevin O'Neill, Henry Jekyll is a scientist who is the lesser half of Edward Hyde and member of the Victorian League. This incarnation of Jekyll and Hyde reveals that eventually Jekyll found that he would transform into Hyde under stress, not unlike Hulk. Likewise, Hyde has become progressively taller and bulkier than Jekyll, while Jekyll has become shorter and withered. During a dinner scene, Hyde explains that this is because splitting himself and Jekyll into separate identities resulted in him losing his restraints and growing beyond his original limits, while Jekyll withered away without anything to drive him. During the Martian invasion, he developed a strong respect for Mina Murray and sacrificed himself to stop Martian tripods from crossing London Bridge. His self-sacrifice was honored in having Serpentine Park named into Hyde Park and a statue of Mr. Hyde is seen in the park in The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen: Black Dossier and throughout The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Volume III: Century.
- The Marvel Comics superhero Hulk is loosely based on Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde and Frankenstein's Monster. The supervillain Mister Hyde is more directly inspired by Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.
- The DC Comics supervillain Two-Face was inspired by Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde due to their split personality.
- The LegoMinifigures theme has a character in Series 9 named Mr. Good and Evil, who is based on Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.
- In Monster High, there are characters named Jackson Jekyll and Holt Hyde who are the sons of Dr. Jekyll. They are voiced by Cindy Robinson in the webisodes and TV specials.
- In Fate/Prototype: Fragments of Blue & Silver, a light novel series based on the original drafts of Fate/stay night, Dr. Jekyll appears as the Servant of the Berserker class, portrayed as a gentle and good looking young man. His Noble Phantasm allows him to transform into Mr. Hyde.
- In "Servamp", a manga written and illustrated by Strike Tanaka, there are two characters known as Licht Jekylland Todoroki and Lawless of Greed (later given the name of Hyde by the former). They have no direct correlation with Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde in personality traits from the original novel, but their names, as well as their roles as opposites to each other (Licht as an Angel and Hyde as a Demon) nod to the original story. Their combined special attack is titled "Jekyll and Hyde".
- In "Fate/Grand Order", a mobile video game based on the "Fate/stay night" visual novel and franchise from Type-Moon, a Servant under the classes Assassin and Berserker appears, named "Henry Jekyll & Hyde." In most of his appearance during battle sequences, he is the Assassin-class Servant Henry Jekyll, however when using his Noble Phantasm, or special ability, he becomes the Berserker-class Servant Hyde.