I am committed to bringing Hoosier common sense to Washington and working across the aisle to achieve bipartisan solutions. I work every day to grow our economy, strengthen our national security, and ensure our veterans get the services and care they earned.
As a member of the House Ways and Means Committee, I am committed to fixing our broken tax code, improving health care to put patients first, expanding opportunities for businesses to grow and create good jobs, and helping individuals and families lift themselves out of poverty.
I am also a member of several Congressional caucuses, which provide forums for Members of Congress to work together to study key topics, draw attention to relevant issues, and achieve legislative solutions.
- Bipartisan Task Force to Combat the Heroin Epidemic
- Coalition for Autism Research & Education
- Congressional Air Force Caucus
- Congressional Aluminum Caucus
- Congressional Automotive Performance and Motorsports Caucus
- Congressional Boating Caucus
- Congressional Caucus on U.S.-Turkish Relations and Turkish Americans
- Congressional Caucus on Women’s Issues
- Congressional Caucus on Youth Sports
- Congressional Chemistry Caucus
- Congressional Coal Caucus
- Congressional Dyslexia Caucus
- Congressional Financial Security and Life Insurance Caucus
- Congressional Higher Education Caucus
- Congressional Job Creators’ Caucus
- Congressional Military Mental Health Caucus
- Congressional Recreational Vehicle Caucus
- Congressional Romania Caucus
- Congressional Rural Veterans Caucus
- Congressional School Choice Caucus
- Congressional Small Business Caucus
- Congressional Singapore Caucus
- Congressional Songwriters Caucus
- Congressional Sportsmen’s Caucus
- Congressional STEAM Caucus
- Congressional Steel Caucus
- Congressional Taiwan Caucus
- Congressional Veterans Job Caucus
- Defense Communities Caucus
- Government Efficiency Caucus
- House Democracy Partnership
- House General Aviation Caucus
- House Great Lakes Caucus
- House Manufacturing Caucus
- House Republican Israel Caucus
- House Rural Education Caucus
- International Religious Freedom Caucus
- Military Sexual Assault Prevention Caucus
- Republican Study Committee
- Republican Women’s Policy Committee
- Veterinary Medicine Caucus
Jackie Walorski is a lifelong Hoosier born and raised in South Bend.
Jackie has dedicated her career to helping Hoosier families. As the daughter of an Air Force Veteran and South Bend Firefighter, Jackie learned the value of public service at a young age. Her parents also established a family-owned appliance repair shop, teaching Jackie the challenges and fulfillment of operating a small business.
Jackie attended Riley High School and graduated with a BA from Taylor University. As her first job out of college, she worked as a reporter for WSBT-TV, covering community issues ranging from education to crime. Inspired to get more involved in the education system, Jackie later worked as a Development Director for local colleges and universities to improve educational access for Hoosier students.
In 1995, she married her husband Dean, a Mishawaka schoolteacher and jazz musician. Shortly after, the couple moved abroad to Romania for 4 years, founding their own agency and local foundation to help provide much-needed medical supplies to the country’s impoverished children.
Jackie is grateful to serve the people of Indiana’s Second District in the 113th Congress, where she serves on the House Armed Services, Budget, and Veterans’ Affairs Committees. She is honored to serve the brave men and women of our Armed Forces in many ways, including improved support for our nation’s veterans. Using some Hoosier common sense, Jackie welcomes the opportunity to work across the aisle to get our fiscal house in order and create American jobs.
Jackie currently resides in Jimtown with her husband Dean, mother Martha, and their 3 dogs.