Executive Director Cover Letter
Executive Directors are found in a variety of organizations and are in charge for areas such as leadership, daily operations, management, human resources, and financial planning. Some tasks that an Executive Director usually performs include: developing strategic plans, monitoring organization activities, taking part in industry events, creating and implementing policies, reporting to the board, identifying training needs, ensuring a safety work environment, and tracking expenses.
Those interested in an Executive Director position should be able to highlight the following qualifications in their cover letters:
- Leadership and managerial skills
- Analytical thinking and strategic planning
- Project management knowledge
- Computer competences
- Relationship building
- Decision-making and sound judgment
- Stamina and perseverance
- Creativity and problem-solving orientation
- Focus on client needs
Similar Executive Director qualifications can be seen on the sample cover letter displayed below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Executive Director Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Cudney:
It is with pleasure that I present the enclosed resume for your review. As an accomplished management executive with more than 22 years of operational and leadership experience in challenging, goal-oriented environments, I am prepared to excel as the Executive Director of your company.
My background lies in managing operations, teams, and processes to propel revenue increases while realizing enhanced corporate success and productivity. From establishing and implementing visionary business strategies to driving employees to achieve peak performance levels, I excel at directing strategic enhancements to outperform corporate objectives while communicating openly and productively with staff and management teams.
Highlights of my experience include the following:
- Directing the development and implementation of key initiatives to drive organizational success and achievement; consistently surpassing goals and boosting revenues while cutting costs.
- Spearheading all aspects of staff development and management—including recruitment, training, and direction—to stimulate top-flight team performance.
- Expanding market share by 51% through insightful market analysis and penetration efforts.
- Leveraging effective relationship management, problem-solving, and communication abilities to propel enhanced productivity and profit margins.
- Maintaining a reputation for excellent negotiation and presentation skills, cultivating a solid history of productivity and innovation.
My skills in operational and sales oversight and directional leadership have been finely honed, and I am confident my additional strengths will readily translate to this new position. Thank you; I look forward to discussing what I can bring to the role of Executive Director in further detail.
Samuel J. Heidenreich
Director Of Education Resume Samples
Directors of Education work in schools and other settings offering education and are responsbile for researching and implementing curricula. The strongest resume samples for Directors of Education list duties such as attaining educational goals, assessing student needs, coaching teachers, running educational programs and collaborating with various committees in order to select appropriate curricula. The most successful candidates demonstrate extensive education and training experience, organizational skills, supervisory skills, leadership, problem solving orientation, creativity and attention to details. Based on our resume samples, a Master's Degree in an education-related field is required for the job.
Looking for cover letter ideas? See our sample Director Of Education Cover Letter.
Director of Education
Designed and produced a mobile eco-educational community garden as part of a national outreach initiative to educate and involve youth in creating healthy lifestyles through organic gardening.
- Created and taught collaborative project based ecological education curriculum for children aged pre K-6 as part of a non-profit summer camp.
- Trained and supervised student employees of Aspen Music Festival and School as customer service manager while fostering a second to none service environment in which employees were motivated to deliver top tier service.
- Increased summer camp enrollment to highest attendance since program's inception.
- Exceeded monthly sales targets while consistently demonstrating poise, efficiency, and ingenuity.
- Advanced to increasingly responsible positions, culminating in the position of Director of Ecological Education.
Director of Education
Responsible for the development, implementation, leadership, and management of all the education programs. Primary focus on the development and growth of people.
- Organized and implemented twelve, week long events that grew to 300 plus participants and utilized over 100 volunteers.
- Developed and implemented an educational program concept which incorporated educational opportunities for the entire family and grew weekly attendance by 75 percent.
- Generated and implemented unique ways to motivate and recognize hundreds of volunteers as well as keeping volunteers focused and on track to accomplish mission.
- Created a comprehensive communication and training program to meet the diverse needs of volunteers and the ministry.
- Developed policies and procedures handbook to adhere to early childhood standards.
- Workshop Speaker for Minnesota Early Childhood Educators Conference
Director of Education
Managed $2.5 million dollar budget with fiscal responsibility and timely demands for 5 departments.
- Spearheaded National & International Quality Education Programs and learning & development curriculum meeting "on time" and "budget" delivery, stakeholder expectations, and code regs & guidelines.
- Managed and facilitated Master's Program for annual trade show increasing university enrollment 50%.
- Wrote and upgraded design of education web site, increasing hits to education by 30%.
- Streamlined University Accreditation saving $25K annually. Monitored curriculum for degreed professionals.
- Created, Wrote and Sold multi-million dollar course contracts to Home Depot, Lowes Canada, Lowes US.
- Sold $50K sponsorships to Thermador, Sub Zero and ROHL that enhanced NKBA University brand and augmented curriculum resulting in enhanced learning and development for design professionals.
- Developed preferred alliance partnerships with sister Associations: LERN, NARI, NAHB, AIA, USGBC, ALA that generated additional revenue streams through shared curriculum development and integration.
- Launched student chapter programs throughout US and Canada through networking, public speaking, communication, and marketing strategies.
- Represented Association as spokesperson for Education at all major affairs and functions.
Director of Education
Promoted to DOE position in recognition of high student satisfaction and retention rates as Instructor, and excellent rapport established with other faculty and the staff of the Admissions and Financial Aid departments. Supervised, and trained 18 faculty, and monitored the educational experience for 350 adult students. Assisted with teaching as needed.
- Broadened the scope of educational program offerings from 4 Occupational Associate Degree programs, to include 2 additional degree programs, one being the school's first Applied Science Degree program.
- Conducted faculty in-service training, observed all classes, and oversaw classroom evaluations on a quarterly basis, and ensured faculty annual evaluations and merit increases done on time. Initiated ongoing forums for faculty recognition, and achieved a 90% faculty retention rate.
- Worked closely with students and faculty, and collaborated with other departments, in fostering student retention, maintaining an 85% school retention rate.
- Handled all class scheduling, and monitored the ordering of equipment and supplies. Posted all grades and attendance, until hiring and training an Assistant Registrar.
- Received accreditation training in Washington DC, and achieved seamless campus accreditation visits.
Director of Education
Delivered training and workshops to graduate students and potential students related to career services, human relations, communication and professional/personal development
- Identified and developed new programs for students, faculty and staff to ensure meeting industry standards and company
- Managed the classrooms and faculty activities to ensure all ACCSC accreditation policies were met
- Coordinated Program Advisory Boards for growth and enrichment of programs and employment
- Established and enforced Student Academic Progress Reports to ensure students met their GPA and ROP according to specific guidelines
- Tracked and reported program completion, graduation and placement data to be in compliance with ACCSC expectations
Assistant Director of Education and Administration
Administered and graded research based academic evaluations that assessed students' educational profile
- Served as the hiring manager and successfully hired 3 prospective part-time staff members
- Reviewed student programs of 50 students to ensure academic achievement
- Scheduled, trained, and managed part-time staff of 22 tutors
- Conducted informative monthly staff meetings and trainings to ensure that up-to-date best practices and curricula were being used
- Performed payroll functions daily using Ceridian Systems in order to pay part-time staff
- Managed student data in LCOS and SharePoint systems
- Worked with Center Director to build new marketing campaigns to grow the center by 25% enrollment
Director of Education
Hand-selected for position responsible for 400+ students and 22+ educators ensuring an exceptional experience with all school operations. Manager of cosmetology, esthetics and instructor training curriculum and performance. Multi-faceted responsibilities including facilitating weekly meetings, clinic floor services and classroom evaluation, student record maintenance, tracking & coaching on issues surrounding attendance, matriculation, licensure and placement.
- First school to research, evaluate and design new Aveda curriculum for launch in U.S.
- Redesigned curriculum in response to feedback from educators and students, contributing to more efficient processes and overall student and educator retention
- Expert advisor on city, state and federal compliance standards
- Changed educator reviews to annual rotation, incorporating processes for 360 degree feedback and streamlining budget for salary increases
- Created relationships with local beauty vendors and editorial stylists to add enrichment opportunities through photo shoots, field trips and additional education
- Investigated and adjusted weighting of academic requirements to create curriculum that fairly reflected student performance through GPA
Director of Education
Assisted teachers in planning appropriate lesson plans for children from ages 6 weeks to 5 years old.
- Mediated conflict between teaching teams to create a stable environment.
- Coordinated with parents, teachers, and owners to create the best learning environment possible for the children of the school.
- Trained new faculty in the curriculum of the school and how to maintain quality assurance.
- Collaborated with the Director of Marketing to operate the school on a day-to-day basis.
Assistant Campus Director of Education
Recruited, interviewed, hired and trained new faculty
- Held quarterly meetings for on-going coaching in instructional design, adult learning theory, classroom management, and regulatory compliance.
- Involved in all aspects of identifying and providing resources and support to at risk students.
- Increased overall certification examination pass rate from 45% to 100%.
- Increased and maintained retention above accreditation standards with a 30% increase in overall student population.
- Established and led an activities committee for campus activities, community service outreach, and volunteer opportunities.
- Participated in successful internal, state, and accreditation audits.
Director of Education and Project Coordinator
Developed new departments for young distributor and exceeded goals in first year by 20%; increased manufacture lines from 4 to 12 in the first year. (Developed companies first website)
- Developed and organized Education Department for the Sales Team to utilize for their territories;
- Managed Manufactures educational schedules with sales force and established classes in (4) four states with (12) twelve manufactures.
- Designed and developed a 2-day show format so all manufactures would be represented; included hands on workshops for Professionals attending needing CEU hours for their State License. (Designed and created show brochure)
- Managed all paperwork with State officials to be able to offer CEU hours for Shows and Educational events for Professionals in different states for renewal licensing requirements per state.
- Co-ordinated as event planner with Hotels and Conventions for 2 Day shows and Hotels for Educational Events in different states.
- Prepared end of year sales forecasts and % and loss per manufacture product line for each Sales representative.
- Scheduled all sales meetings and co-orientated manufacture times for monthly meetings.
Upload Your Resume for a Free Critique
- Get personalized feedback on improving your resume to land more interviews.
- See how you resume performs in automated scanners most employers use.
- Delivered in 48 hours
Well done! Your resume has been submitted successfully! You will receive a confirmation soon.